Stainless Steel - 3-inch for Swimming Pools and Ponds
Imagine swimming in a naturally clean clear pool. Chemicals cause unpleasant odors, damage pool equipment, and irritate swimmers' eyes and skin. When using an Aqua Ultraviolet Sterilizer, chemcial usage can be reduced by 75%, greatly minimizing monthly costs the chemicals' unpleasant side effects. Aqua Ultraviolet Sterilizers kill bacteria and viruses while eliminating chloramines and their odors without affecting Ph. Using UV Creates a naturally pleasant environment.
Points to ponder about UV Sterilization
- Most effective when run 24/7.
- Most effective if the water is clear.
- Most effective if bulb is new, or replaced regularly (at least every 6-8 months).
- Most effective if the UV light penetrates less than one inch of water.
- Effectiveness can be hindered if the water passes to fast past the bulb.
- Most effective if the exposure time of the water to the UV light is longer than one second.
- The effectiveness of UV light can be hindered if there is light blockage, i.e. a salt encrusted bulb.
- It can help to prevent future water borne pathogen reoccurrences, once the initial problem as been completely eradicated from the pond.
- UV light not only kills unwanted organisms, but beneficial ones as well.
- Should never be run when treating with any drugs or medications.
- UV can also alter the structure of some dissolved chemical compounds.
- UV light can be damaging to the human eye, so DO NOT look into the bulb.
- Always unplug the unit when working on it to prevent possible shock if it breaks or gets wet.